Best Practices for Managing Data in your Research.
In this introductory workshop, learn about research data management best practices and how investing a small amount of time in organizing your data now can save you a lot of time and prevent future headaches. We will go over best practices for data planning, storage, organization, preservation, and sharing.
View the original here.
Resources referenced during the presentation:
Data Management Plans
- DMP Assistant
- Building a Data Management Plan for your research project webinar
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada (formerly Portage Network) DMP Exemplars and Templates
- Creative Commons Licenses
- Open Data Commons Licenses
- Dataverse Community Norms
- DataCite Repository Finder tool
- Nature Scientific Data Recommended Data Repositories
- re3data Registry of Research Data Repositories
- McMaster Dataverse
- Federated Research Data Repository (FRDR)
Previous session recordings
View recordings of earlier sessions of this workshop:
- October 22, 2022 Recording and Slides
- January 26, 2022 Recording and Slides
- October 22, 2021 Recording and Slides
- March 16, 2021 Recording and Slides